weeks 48-50: Still stuck in a rut...

29 April - 15 May 

After more email reminders to the builder about the need to sort out a meeting date to get the show on the road again, I finally ended up phoning several times in the course of the day, leaving messages on voicemail...

...that finally seemed to do the trick...

The man in charge got back to me on 7th May to ask when would be a good time to meet up.  I suggested 15th May, here, at 2.30pm and reiterated a request for him to let me have a list of things he disputed with in the paperwork sent to him on 13 March and the reasons why.  Anything not on the list would be taken as read and agreed.  

Today, everything was prepared for the meeting.  Having heard nothing from the man in charge, I assumed it would be a long session to go through all the money facts and figures...

The meeting time of 2.30 pm came and went...

...as the time approached 3.00pm, I sent a text to him and his partner asking if he was on his way...no reply

...at 3pm, I sent an email to both reminding them that we were supposed to meet up today to sort everything out.

The reply came back 15 minutes later: 


My sincere apologies for not getting back to you on this, the truth is that it completely slipped my mind. I hope it hasn’t caused you too much inconvenience and it is not a reflection of our commitment to getting this wrapped up. When are you next available, and I will come straight back to you and enter into the diary?

Kind Regards,


Ummmm....

The meeting has been rearranged for next Thursday, 23 May.  He says its in the diary and he'll come back to me beforehand regarding the list of money facts and figures.

We shall see where we are then...less than a week away from the first anniversary of the start of work on site on what was supposed to be a 10 week build which began on 4 June, 2018. 

Comments