Is this the end of the drains saga?

 As soon as the old Buchan trap had been replaced by a straight drain run with a rodding eye in the front garden, I contacted the man in charge with the good news and asked him to get in touch regarding arrangements for the water flow rate test to be carried out and the final camera survey to be done to show that the drains are at last clear of debris.  This is the final step - all being well - before the Building Regs fully plans approval works which started in June 2018 can be signed off by Building Control and a Completion Certificate issued.

A week later and no response, I sent a gentle reminder.  Still no response.  The following week, I sent another reminder and the week after that (three weeks later) a third reminder.  This time, I warned that if he didn't get back to me before the end of the week, I would make the arrangements myself and add the cost to the money he owed me for other works he should have done, but which I had ended up getting other contractors in to finish.  That prompted a holding response from the man uncharge saying he was trying to make arrangements, but having difficulty pinning down the contractor to a date...

Over the weekend, I emailed the drains contractor they had used before to find out what the problem was.  The reply came back on Monday morning, that they had no outstanding order for a water test or camera survey...Oh dear...

I forwarded this response to the man in charge and asked who was doing the work as it clearly wasn't the firm they'd used on all previous occasions on drainage matters.  The next day, he got back to me with a choice of days and times for the test but without saying who would be doing the work.  

Although I'd asked him to liaise with Building Control, this seemed to have been overlooked so I did it instead.  The time and date has now been set - tomorrow, Thursday 18 March 2021, at 10.30am - for the water flow rate discharge test, followed by the camera survey an hour or so later.  

Is this really the end of the drains saga?  

Comments